Each manual has a specification sheet that lists all the specs for each unit so let’s study them.
The differences between the two units are:
- the differences in buttons previous mentioned.
- the Omron HJ-113 calculates the amount of fat burned and the Omron HJ-112 does not.
- the Omron HJ-113 has an operating humidity specification and a “Storage Temperature/Humidity/Air Pressure” and the Omron HJ-112 does not.
- the dimensions of the two units are different. The Omron HJ-112 is more oval shaped than the Omron HJ-113. Both units are the same thickness.
- the Omron HJ-113 is 0.11 ounces lighter than the Omron HJ-112 with battery included.
This table sums up the differences. Bottom line – you can buy the Omron HJ-113 for less than the Omron HJ-112 on Amazon.
|External Dimensions (Approx.)||2 7/8” x 2 1/8” x 5/8”||1 7/8” x 2 5/8” x 5/8”|
|Weight (battery included)||1.24 oz.||1.13 oz.|
|Buttons||4||3 (no Reset button)|
|Omron List Price||$34.99||$34.99|
|Amazon Price (4-23-10)||$24.08||$20.25|
The Omron HJ-113 is overshadowed by the more popular Omron HJ-112, but in reality, the HJ-113 does basically the same thing as the HJ-112 and costs less.
For about a $20 bill, you can buy the Omron HJ-113 to help you with your walking program.